Deadline: 11 September 2018
SGP energy solutions use integrated approach going beyond energy sector aiming at increasing climate resilience, reducing poverty, enhancing gender equality and achieving the sustainable development goals consistent with GEF and UNDP focus on inclusive sustainable development. To improve impacts of existing and future projects on renewable energy access, SGP is seeking to systematize lessons learned in the last four years of implementation of the program sixth operational phase (OP6) and develop a solid research and practice informed framework for design and implementation of energy access projects. With the proposed framework SGP is aiming to identify key factors to be considered as part of project design, which would increase the probability of project success defined as long-term project viability and sustainability, wider adoption (where applicable), and (increased) delivery of on-ground development impacts. The framework in the form of practical guidance/recommendations could then be mainstreamed in to the program, used as part of selection criteria, and potentially adapted for use in other sectors.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Specific Objectives:
- Review of the baselines, impacts and results of representative projects implemented in SGP sixth Operational Phase (OP6) to establish program context and existing practices.
- Development of relevant framework and set of recommendations
- Identify next steps for piloting and mainstreaming of the framework
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Grant funding available for this activity is up to a maximum of US $25,000.
Scope of Work
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Overall sector: Environment, Climate Change and Renewable energy.
- Specific activities to be funded: Specific activities within the project proposal must be identified and presented with budget estimates. These will be further elaborated in an inception meeting with SGP Central Management team. At the general level, eligible entities are expected to be able to undertake the following actions:
- Review and analysis of current data and project types including available project documents and interview, amongst other, project stakeholders, grantees, National Coordinators, where appropriate.
- Development of 10-20 pages relevant framework
- Development of a set of recommendations for SGP coordinators for testing the approach
- Identify criteria to select pilot project locations
- This call for proposal is only open to trusted non-profit entities with high reputation and over 5 years’ working experience in the field of environment, climate change, low carbon technology and renewable energy. Experience working with indigenous communities and grassroots organizations will be considered an asset.
- This experience must be supported by a brief description of the services provided, client and the duration of the contract for a minimum of 3 relevant clients.
- Has working experience or will be ready and willing to work on global level. The specific regions and countries with which the grantee will be working on will be selected based on the size of renewable energy portfolio, interest, availability of relevant information.
- It is expected that the selected grantee organization is capable to undertake the activities listed above as part of the project:
- Proponents should be:
- International and Regional non-profit organization dedicated in the field of environment, climate change, low carbon technology and renewable energy, and the cause of indigenous peoples and grassroots communities.
- Only organizations that have their own capacity (required qualified personnel, partner organizations and/or affiliate entities), and ability to establish functional mechanism to administer and implement the activities.
- Proponents should be:
- Minimum requirements/qualifications of entities:
- Proven relevant working experience of over 5 years in the field of environment, climate change, low carbon technology and renewable energy. Experience working with indigenous communities and grassroots organizations will be considered an asset. This experience must be supported by a brief description of the services provided, client and the duration of the contract for a minimum of 3 relevant clients.
- Have a minimum of one fully dedicated personnel with at least Masters in Environment and development or related field. Please attach relevant CVs and organizational structure.
- Strong understanding and proven experience in analyzing small scale energy investments at the community level in developing countries, understanding of key factors contributing to the success and sustainability of such projects as well as knowledge broader international frameworks of energy, development and climate policies such as Paris agreement, NDCs, SDGs etc.
- The bidder has proven experience in the coordination and delivery of analysis on project data, development of relevant recommendations, and identification and measurement of impact assessment.
- Proven administrative capacity for project financial management, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Ability to dedicate time and focused effort to produce results and report in a timely manner.
- Other critical considerations:
- Past working experience or ability to work closely with programme partners: list the relevant partners at the global/regional and local level with whom the grantee will be liaising. UNDP, GEF, SGP, CSOs and communities in the target countries.
- Past performance in the scope of work described above, knowledge of the region/countries where the activities will take place, technical capacity, adherence to UN fiduciary requirements of the entity and its officials will be strongly considered when selecting most suitable entity.
- This entity must subscribe to the UN values.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Proposals must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.