Deadline: 25 January 2019
This grant program will support projects that help groups move toward their goals by building leadership, increasing capacity and/or providing training and education. A priority of CHEJ’s Small Grants Program is to help grassroots community groups to build their capacity. The program is designed to especially reach people from low wealth communities and communities of color who are impacted by environmental harms.
Grant activities can include board development, membership outreach, and fundraising efforts. Project activities could also include holding meetings to develop an organizing/strategic plan, training leaders to go door-to-door, events or educational activities which are directly connected to strategic plan, or general events. It is recommended that project activities be creative, effective and strategic.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The grant application is different for different sized organizations.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Grants are available for tier range from $1,000 to $5,000 for Small organizations and all volunteer groups with budgets under $50,000.
- This tier of the program will provide support from $5,000 to $10,000 for organizations with budgets no greater than $250,000.
- This tier of the program will support projects with grants from $10,000 to $20,000 for larger organizations with budgets over $250,000 but less than one million dollars.
- Grassroots communities of color, low wealth, rural and urban groups are encouraged to apply.
- CHEJ unfortunately cannot support proposals/projects that fall in any of the categories below.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Application must be submitted either via postal or email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United States
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://chej.org/chej-small-grants-program/