Deadline: 31 October 2019
This Third Call for Applications for Grants has launched as part of the project ‘Empower – Engage – Build Ownership’ founded by the EU, managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo and implemented by the Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) and Institute for Development Policy (INDEP).
- Environmental protection means guarding natural resources from harmful human acts on individual, organization controlled or governmental levels. It involves engaging in sustainable environmental practices that do not destroy nature, preserve the existing natural environment and where possible repair damage. The environment is anything that surrounds us and protecting it, is our responsibility.
- Green energy comes from natural sources such as sunlight, wind, rain, plants, geothermal heat, etc. These energy resources are renewable, meaning they’re naturally replenished. Renewable energy technologies are clean sources of energy that have a much lower environmental impact than conventional energy technologies. Kosovo is a country dependent on fossil fuel for energy production. Given that fossil fuels are increasingly expensive in economic, health, and environmental terms there is a need for efficient use of energy and a diversion of energy production from dirty to clean green energy.
- Sustainable economic growth means a rate of growth which can be maintained without creating other significant economic problems, especially for future generations. A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear economy “make, use, dispose” in which they keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
In particular, the project has three specific objectives:
- To improve skills and information-sharing capacities of CSOs on policy monitoring, advocacy and campaigning on the targeted thematic priorities through Capacity Building Trainings (CBT).
- Increase the incentive to improve participation of CSO’s in policy making and policy implementation, advocacy and grassroots activities through funding organizations in the whole Kosov
- Increase citizens’ awareness on sustainable development in Kosovo through supporting activities that especially promote environmental protection, green energy and sustainable economic growth by reusing products.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
This call for project will support: about 17 small size grants and 3 medium size grants.
- Small Grants:
- Amount-up to EUR4,900.
- Duration: six to seven (6-7) months.
- Medium Grants:
- Amount: up to EUR 15,000.
- Duration: eight to ten (8-10) months.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- be non-profit-making NGO/CSO: association, foundation, social cooperative/non-profit cooperative, youth groups legally constituted in Kosovo;
- be a legal entity registered with Kosovo authorities at least two years before this call is launched;
- be able to provide registration documents of the organization (certificate of registration, fiscal number certificate) and proof they have completed all obligations towards the state, including Tax Administration and bank account information.
- Applicant’s principal activity must be in line with the objectives of this call
- Applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, not acting as an intermediary
- Applicants who successfully concluded the contracts from the First call within this project, are eligible to apply for this third call; provided that the proposal is NOT a mere repetition of previous project
- Applicants with an ongoing contract within the First and Second call are not eligible to apply for this call.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Applications should be submitted via e-mail at the address given on the website.
- All applications will need to be prepared and submitted either in Albanian, Serbian, or English language.
For more information, please visit http://balkangreenfoundation.org/eu/