The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has announced a call for proposals for National Civil Society Organizations (NGOs & CBOs) from the following countries: Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, CAR and DRC.
Support for the implementation of community projects to strengthen the resilience of local communities affected by the crisis linked to the COVID 19 pandemic, through the promotion of survival alternatives (sustainable income-generating activities, etc.), in to enable them to continue to remain mobilized in their efforts for the Biodiversity Conservation in the pilot sites Protected Areas selected e s in the six countries of the Congo Basin (Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, CAR and DRC).
- Contribute at the community level to the global response to the crisis linked to the COVID19 pandemic by support (through projects / micro-projects) for the implementation of conservation activities Biodiversity / sustainable management of natural resources and creation of sustainable livelihoods in favor of affected local communities / indigenous populations, pilot sites of Protected Areas in the – Congo Basin countries participating in the regional project “CBSP-Partnership for Conservation of Biodiversity: sustainable financing of the Protected Areas of the Congo Basin – PIMS3447”.
- Support efforts to conserve Biodiversity / sustainable management of resources natural resources in Protected Areas pilot sites by building resilience community (components 1 & 2);
- Support the rapid recovery of local communities and indigenous populations vulnerable by the crisis linked to the COVID19 pandemic, by the creation of sustainable livelihoods in order to improve their efforts for the conservation of Biodiversity in pilot AP sites (component 3);
- Support and accompany the local communities / indigenous populations of the AP sites pilot, in the creation of alternative activities (to those which put pressure on environment and sustainable management of natural resources and those of biodiversity) / Environmental Protection & Forests (component 4).
Duration: a maximum of 6 months is proposed for the realization of micro-projects, with a start as soon as possible as soon as the Grant contract is signed and the resources put available to selected national / local NGOs / CBOs.
Only NGOs / OCBs or Consortium of NGOs / OCBs are authorized to participate in this call for projects preselected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Administrative criteria
- Justify a legal existence in the form of a non-profit association under the law of one or other of the six following countries: Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic (CAR) & Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Have legal personality in one or other of these 6 countries (Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic (CAR) & Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), attested by official documents of operation in the said country and recognition at the level national / local (if applicable).
- Obtain evidence of other intrinsic criteria specific to the requirements of the Donor (GEF): have in these legal recognition documents (Statutes, Internal Regulations, etc.) the clauses specific to “respect for human rights”, in particular that of indigenous peoples and other populations made vulnerable by crises (multifaceted).
- Technical criteria
- Have an experience of at least 5 to 10 years in the field of supervision of sustainable management of natural resources / Conservation of Biodiversity associated with activities strengthening community resilience (& socioeconomic reintegration) through creation of sustainable livelihood activities (including IGAs), and (to the extent possible) in a post-crisis / post-conflict context (case: COVID19 pandemic),
- Have at least 5 years of experience in project / micro-project supervision creation of sustainable livelihoods in a multicultural community context, building community resilience, structuring and supporting operationalization of holistic community initiatives that can both contribute to improving Biodiversity Conservation and sustainable livelihoods.
- Provide evidence of satisfactory performance of previous similar contracts concluded with bilateral or multilateral international organizations (produce an information sheet on this (these) example (s) of achievement in the past) in the country and particularly on AP sites or forest areas, over the past 5 years and this, through services (achievements) for which the level of satisfaction is attested by the sponsors (organizations sponsors).
- Have technical and supervisory staff with the necessary qualifications (expertise required) in accordance with the mission (attach CVs), permanently resident in the country and preferably in the areas of designated AP pilot sites (see map for each country) and having a perfect knowledge of geography and key, environmental, socio-economic issues and socio-cultural environment.
- Have practical knowledge on: conservation of Biodiversity, sustainable management natural resources, sustainable means of subsistence (livelihood), building / strengthening community resilience, community recovery immediate post-crisis socioeconomic reintegration through income generation.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=74446