Deadline: 7 March 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the Clinical Research and Product Development Fellowship scheme which is jointly implemented by European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) and TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to provide funding towards actions that aim to support researchers and key members of clinical trial research teams from sub-Saharan Africa to acquire specific skills in clinical research and development through placements in pharmaceutical companies, PDPs and CROs.
Projects funded under this Call for Proposals should:
- contribute to the achievement of SDG3 ‘Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages’
- support the development of human resources and should promote high quality research and development in sub-Saharan Africa
- add significantly to the development of promising researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, in order to enhance and maximise their contribution in research institutions in sub-Saharan Africa, including training of peers
- contribute to strengthening collaboration between research institutions, researchers and clinical staff in sub-Saharan Africa, pharmaceutical companies, CROs and PDPs.
The scheme targets junior to mid-career researchers or clinical staff (clinicians, pharmacists, medical statisticians, data managers, other health researchers) who are employed by a legal entity in sub-Saharan Africa where they are currently working on clinical research and clinical trials in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme. EDCTP supports research team members who are employed by a legal entity in a sub-Saharan African country. Placements are for a period of 15 months (3 months will be used to prepare for the placement), following which there will be a re-integration period of 6 months.
- The call budget is EUR 1.5 million.
- The requested EDCTP contribution per project should not exceed EUR 100,000. The funding level is 100% of eligible costs.
A proposal will only be considered eligible if:
- its content corresponds, wholly or in part, to the topic/contest description for which it is submitted
- it complies with the eligibility conditions set out below, depending on the type of action:
- The applicant must be a legal entity established in sub-Saharan Africa and must be the home organisation employing the fellow.
- The fellow must:
- be a post-graduate (MSc or PhD) or medical graduate with clinical and/or research experience in infectious diseases;
- have obtained their post graduate or medical graduate degree within 15 years of submission of the application;
- be a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the last 12 months in an organisation with a registered legal entity in sub-Saharan Africa, and who has been conducting clinical research activities in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme;
- provide a letter of support from the home organisation for the fellowship which is justifying the training needs of the fellow and explaining how the home organisation will benefit from the fellowship and how the reintegration of the fellow will be ensured;
- not have been funded under this fellowship scheme before.
- Placements sought shall be for a period of 15 months, following which there will be a re-integration period of up to 6 months
- The requested EDCTP contribution per action shall not exceed EUR 100,000.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.edctp.org/call/edctp-clinical-research-and-product-development-fellowships/