Deadline: 7 March 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the Clinical Research and Product Development Fellowship scheme which is jointly implemented by European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) and TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases.
The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to provide funding towards actions that aim to support researchers and key members of clinical trial research teams from sub-Saharan Africa to acquire specific skills in clinical research and development through placements in pharmaceutical companies, PDPs and CROs.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Projects funded under this Call for Proposals should:
- contribute to the achievement of SDG3 ‘Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages’
- support the development of human resources and should promote high quality research and development in sub-Saharan Africa
- add significantly to the development of promising researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, in order to enhance and maximise their contribution in research institutions in sub-Saharan Africa, including training of peers
- contribute to strengthening collaboration between research institutions, researchers and clinical staff in sub-Saharan Africa, pharmaceutical companies, CROs and PDPs.
The scheme targets junior to mid-career researchers or clinical staff (clinicians, pharmacists, medical statisticians, data managers, other health researchers) who are employed by a legal entity in sub-Saharan Africa where they are currently working on clinical research and clinical trials in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme. EDCTP supports research team members who are employed by a legal entity in a sub-Saharan African country. Placements are for a period of 15 months (3 months will be used to prepare for the placement), following which there will be a re-integration period of 6 months.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The call budget is EUR 1.5 million.
- The requested EDCTP contribution per project should not exceed EUR 100,000. The funding level is 100% of eligible costs.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
A proposal will only be considered eligible if:
- its content corresponds, wholly or in part, to the topic/contest description for which it is submitted
- it complies with the eligibility conditions set out below, depending on the type of action:
- The applicant must be a legal entity established in sub-Saharan Africa and must be the home organisation employing the fellow.
- The fellow must:
- be a post-graduate (MSc or PhD) or medical graduate with clinical and/or research experience in infectious diseases;
- have obtained their post graduate or medical graduate degree within 15 years of submission of the application;
- be a researcher or clinical staff member employed for the last 12 months in an organisation with a registered legal entity in sub-Saharan Africa, and who has been conducting clinical research activities in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme;
- provide a letter of support from the home organisation for the fellowship which is justifying the training needs of the fellow and explaining how the home organisation will benefit from the fellowship and how the reintegration of the fellow will be ensured;
- not have been funded under this fellowship scheme before.
- Placements sought shall be for a period of 15 months, following which there will be a re-integration period of up to 6 months
- The requested EDCTP contribution per action shall not exceed EUR 100,000.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.edctp.org/call/edctp-clinical-research-and-product-development-fellowships/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.