The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from designated countries around the world to the United States at a mid-point in their careers for a year of practical, professional development experiences and non-degree academic study.
Fellows are placed at designated host universities to take advantage of academic, professional, and leadership enhancement activities offered by the campus setting.
Field of Study Categories
Candidates may choose any of the eligible fields in the four study categories below.
- Sustainable Development (Agricultural and Rural Development, Economic Development, Finance and Banking, Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change, Urban and Regional Planning)
- Democratic Institution Building (Communications/Journalism, Law and Human Rights, Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration, Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention, Technology Policy and Management, Human Resource Management
- Education (Educational Administration, Planning and Policy, Higher Education Administration, Teaching of English as a Foreign Language)
- Public Health (Public Health Policy and Management, HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention, Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention)
- Cameroonian nationality or permanent residency in Cameroon, with a valid Cameroonian passport
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language proficiency. The Embassy will consider highly qualified candidates with moderate English language skills. Such candidates will be required to take up to four months of intensive English training prior to the start of the fellowship if selected.
For more information, visit https://cm.usembassy.gov/education-culture/education-exchange-programs/programs-announcements/