Deadline: 15 June 2016
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) is currently inviting applications for its Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships. The program is designed for outstanding Indians residing in India to pursue a master’s degree program at selected U.S. colleges and universities.
These fellowships are for highly motivated individuals who demonstrate leadership qualities, have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree, have at least three years professional work experience, and are committed to return and contribute to their communities. The fellowships are for one to two years.
Eligible Fields of Study
- Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies
- Environmental Science/Studies
- Higher Education Administration
- International Legal Studies
- Public Health
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies
The fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees*, living and related costs;
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines
- USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources.
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships provide no financial support for dependents.
- Applicants must have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks.
- Applicants should either possess a four-year bachelor’s degree or a completed master’s degree, if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration
- Applicants must have at least three years’ full-time professional work experience relevant to your proposed field of study at the time of application
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience in leadership and community service;
- Applicants must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program; and
- If you are employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible country: India
For more information, please visit Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships.