Deadline: 15 July 2016
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) is currently inviting applications for its Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships with an aim to provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities.
Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to twenty-four months.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Computer Science (with emphasis on cyber security and digital economy)
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- International Law (limited to environmental law, immigration law, and labor law)
- International Security and Strategic Studies
- Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications)
- Public Health
- Study of India (limited to anthropology, history, sociology, and visual and performing arts)
- Study of the U.S. (limited to anthropology, history, sociology, and visual and performing arts)
- Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management)
- Women’s and Gender Studies.
- These fellowships provide round-trip economy class air travel from India to the U.S., a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance.
- Subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80% of the grant period.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree within the past four years.
- Applicants must have obtained their Ph.D. degree between July 15, 2012 and July 14, 2016.
- Applicants are required to upload their Ph.D. degree certificate/provisional Ph.D. certificate in their online application;
- Applicants must be published in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. Please upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in their online application;
- If applicants are employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNPostdoc Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible countries: India, United States.
For more information, please visit Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships.