Deadline: 31 August 2017
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a program entitled “Innovative Approaches for Local Nutrition Governance” with an aim to improve maternal and child nutrition.
The objective of this call for proposals is to implement at local level innovative, resilient and scalable nutrition governance pro-poor models which are validated and aligned with national policies.
Size of Grants
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between maximum amounts: EUR 7,500,000 and EUR 10,000,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organization, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation .
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Bangladesh or any other country as stipulated in art of the Regulation (EU) No 236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union’s instruments for financing external action. This obligation does not apply to international organizations
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- To be noted that because of the multi-sectoral nature of this Call for Proposal formation of consortia is encouraged. It is expected that consortia are organised in such a way that a) they represent a variety of expertise and cumulated experience to collectively achieve the Call’s objectives and b) that they draw from global learning on multi-sector interventions for nutrition. The consortia must have at least one national/local non-profit organization as a core partner.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
- If awarded the grant contract, the lead applicant will become the beneficiary identified as the Coordinator. The Coordinator is the main interlocutor of the Contracting Authority. It represents and acts on behalf of any other co-beneficiary (if any) and coordinate the design and implementation of the action.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Bangladesh.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.