Deadline: 10 January 2019
The Nestlé Foundation is seeking applications for its Research Grants program to initiate and support research in human nutrition with public health relevance in low-income and lower middle-income countries.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The results of the research projects should ideally provide a basis for implementation and action which will lead to sustainable effects in the studied populations as generally applicable to the population at large. They should also enable institution strengthening and capacity building in a sustainable manner in the host country and further cooperation and collaboration between Institutions in developed and developing countries.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Research Grants: The Foundation offers different research grant categories:
- Training Grant
- Pilot Grant
- Full Grant (small / large)
- Institutional Support: Institutional support involves the support of research or educational projects in specific institutions in low- or lower-middle income countries which contribute to a focused development of capacity and know-how and human resource development in the corresponding institution.
- enLINK Research grant program: The enLINK research grant program represents research projects initiated by the Nestlé Foundation. External researchers or institutions are invited by the Foundation to submit a research proposal in a specific area. All applications, including those of the enLINK research grant program will undergo internal and external reviewing.
At present the Foundation’s work is primarily concerned with human nutrition research issues dealing with:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- maternal and child nutrition, including breastfeeding and complementary feeding,
- macro- and micronutrient deficiencies and imbalances,
- interactions between infection and nutrition, and
- nutrition education and health promotion.
- Eligible institutions are departments or institutes from universities, hospitals other institutions of higher education in low- or lower middle-income countries.
- Joint applications from more than once institution (especially South-South) are welcomed.
- Joint applications from more than one institution involving North-South collaboration may also be considered.
- For project applications demonstrating North-South collaboration, it is important that the following criteria are fulfilled:
- the Principal Investigator is from the South and the proposal has relevance to nutritional problems of the South, and
- the majority of the budget is earmarked for the South, and
- demonstration on the completion of the project of institution and capacity building in a sustainable manner in the South.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants should submit a Letter of Intent via given website.
For more information, please visit Nestlé Foundation.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.