Deadline: 20 October 2019
Y+ is currently accepting applications for its small grants program dedicated to YPLHIV led organizations. With an estimation of 1.7 million children (0-14), 1.6 million adolescents (10-19), and 3.5 million young people (15-24) living with HIV worldwide (UNAIDS 2019). The time to support and believe in youth leadership is NOW!
Despite the lack of appropriate support, Y+ can’t deny that young people are leading the change in global HIV response as peer supporters, advocates or program managers – inspiring innovation and effectiveness. Y+ mission is to provide ethical empowerment, ensuring excellence in leadership, education, and engagement in spaces that impact our lives.
Y+ is the Global Network of Young People Living with HIV currently hosted by the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Y+ is an international youth-led network that aims to advocate for the needs of adolescents and young people living with HIV; strengthen their capacities and leadership as individuals or networks at regional and country levels. Y+ is governed by an independent Board of young people under 30 years old and its work is carried out by the Secretariat, guided by the Strategic Plan which has five broad areas of involvement: Science, Policy, Capacity Building, Training, and Support.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Since 2017, Y+ has been providing small grants to YPLHIV country networks to implement specific programs and activities that aim to improve the quality of life of YPLHIV in their diversity. The small grants have allowed organizations and networks which are being led by YPLHIV to strengthen their operational capacity, implement advocacy initiatives on specific priority issues and build the capacity of emerging young leaders through mentorship programs.
As one of the 2019-2021 Robert Carr Fund grantees, Y + would like to support national or regional YPLHIV constituencies with a robust focus on organizational development, research, and advocacy on YPLHIV related priority issues including access to quality services and meaningful YPLHIV engagement in decision-making processes.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Successful candidates will receive a maximum of ten thousand United States Dollars for 12 months fixed term.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The proposal should be in line with the Y+ Strategic Plan 2019-2021 intervention area and focus on the following themes:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Network/Organizational development:
- Governance and Programmes management tools and/or policy development (Operational manual, strategic plan, etc.)
- Financial system strengthening Programmes implementation (core cost, activity etc.)
- Advocacy based activities:
- Research and Evidence collection
Network/Organization’s Eligibility Criteria
- Existing YPLHIV led organization (registered or hosted)
- Having a board or executive committee
- Entirely led by YPLHIV up to 30 years old
- Recognized at local, national or regional level
- Based in the following regions: Middle East and North Africa, Latina America and Caribbean, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Asia and Pacific.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- If applicant’s organization is interested, please send the following documents:
- Completed application form;
- Detailed budget in excel format;
- Registration certificate (letter) or a memorandum of understanding with the host organization;
- Recommendation letter from a recognized local, national or regional organization;
- Detailed minutes of the last board or executive committee meeting.
- All the requested documents should be sent via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.yplusnetwork.org/news/y-call-for-applications/