Deadline: 20 October 2019
Y+ is currently accepting applications for its small grants program dedicated to YPLHIV led organizations. With an estimation of 1.7 million children (0-14), 1.6 million adolescents (10-19), and 3.5 million young people (15-24) living with HIV worldwide (UNAIDS 2019). The time to support and believe in youth leadership is NOW!
Despite the lack of appropriate support, Y+ can’t deny that young people are leading the change in global HIV response as peer supporters, advocates or program managers – inspiring innovation and effectiveness. Y+ mission is to provide ethical empowerment, ensuring excellence in leadership, education, and engagement in spaces that impact our lives.
Y+ is the Global Network of Young People Living with HIV currently hosted by the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Y+ is an international youth-led network that aims to advocate for the needs of adolescents and young people living with HIV; strengthen their capacities and leadership as individuals or networks at regional and country levels. Y+ is governed by an independent Board of young people under 30 years old and its work is carried out by the Secretariat, guided by the Strategic Plan which has five broad areas of involvement: Science, Policy, Capacity Building, Training, and Support.
Since 2017, Y+ has been providing small grants to YPLHIV country networks to implement specific programs and activities that aim to improve the quality of life of YPLHIV in their diversity. The small grants have allowed organizations and networks which are being led by YPLHIV to strengthen their operational capacity, implement advocacy initiatives on specific priority issues and build the capacity of emerging young leaders through mentorship programs.
As one of the 2019-2021 Robert Carr Fund grantees, Y + would like to support national or regional YPLHIV constituencies with a robust focus on organizational development, research, and advocacy on YPLHIV related priority issues including access to quality services and meaningful YPLHIV engagement in decision-making processes.
Successful candidates will receive a maximum of ten thousand United States Dollars for 12 months fixed term.
The proposal should be in line with the Y+ Strategic Plan 2019-2021 intervention area and focus on the following themes:
- Network/Organizational development:
- Governance and Programmes management tools and/or policy development (Operational manual, strategic plan, etc.)
- Financial system strengthening Programmes implementation (core cost, activity etc.)
- Advocacy based activities:
- Research and Evidence collection
Network/Organization’s Eligibility Criteria
- Existing YPLHIV led organization (registered or hosted)
- Having a board or executive committee
- Entirely led by YPLHIV up to 30 years old
- Recognized at local, national or regional level
- Based in the following regions: Middle East and North Africa, Latina America and Caribbean, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Asia and Pacific.
How to Apply
- If applicant’s organization is interested, please send the following documents:
- Completed application form;
- Detailed budget in excel format;
- Registration certificate (letter) or a memorandum of understanding with the host organization;
- Recommendation letter from a recognized local, national or regional organization;
- Detailed minutes of the last board or executive committee meeting.
- All the requested documents should be sent via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://www.yplusnetwork.org/news/y-call-for-applications/