Deadline: 1 December 2018
The International Trans Fund (ITF) has launched their third grantmaking cycle. The ITF was created to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and support collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe.
The International Trans Fund (ITF) is a participatory grantmaking fund made up of trans activists and donors. The ITF aims to increase the capacity of the trans movement to self-organize and advocate for trans people’s rights, self-determination, and wellbeing.
The ITF’s priorities in this funding cycle are to:
- Fund a diversity of groups, including different regions, languages, gender identities, strategies and issues.
- Prioritize trans communities facing greater levels of marginalization (e.g. racism, classism, ageism, ableism, misogyny and so on).
- Support trans groups whose work is intersectional and contributes to social justice, movement building, and the liberation of trans people.
be eligible for funding groups must meet the following criteria:
- Be trans-led:
- Trans people must be in decision-making roles, including setting the organization’s strategic and financial priorities, and make up 75% of the group’s staff, spokespeople, and Board or decision-making body.
- If this is not the case, groups must demonstrate how trans people make budget, organizational and strategic decisions.
- Have an operating budget under $150,000 USD.
- Be a group of people (i.e. not an individual).
- Main focus of work is to benefit the trans community.
- Contribute to movement building, not just providing direct services.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2SCLWwZ