Deadline: 31 December 2019
U.S. Embassy in Togo is seeking applications for its Democracy and Human Rights Fund (DHRF) with an aim to provide assistance through grants to local organizations to implement small, short-term, high impact activities targeted at supporting democratic institutions, political pluralism, and the protection and advocacy of human rights in African countries.
The project, authorized in 1991 by the Congress of the United States, under the Foreign Assistance Act, compliments other funding mechanisms that support larger, multi-year initiatives as part of the U.S. Government’s overall strategy to promote democracy and improved governance. The DHRF program is administered through the Political Office at the United States Embassy in Lomé.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Grants will be no larger than US$25,000; however, projects typically funded range from US$10,000 to US$15,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- All DHRF funded activities must have a substantive link to the promotion of democracy or human rights.
- DHRF encourages activities or projects that promote:
- Training about or change in civil and political rights
- Adherence to the rule of law through a legal framework conducive to civil and political rights
- Free and democratic electoral systems
- Development of democratic principles and institutions that promote human rights
- Increased participation of women and ethnic groups in the judicial system and political process
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://tg.usembassy.gov/embassy/funding-opportunities/development-assistance-programs/