Deadline: 20 August 2019
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC-CEJ) Centre for Excellence in Journalism is inviting journalist for the “Humanitarian Reporting Award” to recognize accurate, ethical and responsible reporting on humanitarian issues.
The award will focus on work produced in the field of humanitarian reporting and will be judged in four categories:
- Mainstream Broadcast (Urdu);
- Mainstream Print (Urdu);
- Mainstream Print (English);
- Online (English & Urdu).
The Winners in each category will be awarded Rs.100,000 and runner-ups will receive Rs.80,000.
- The award is open to all journalists irrespective of their affiliation or employer;
- Content will be judged for its originality and quality of work. Series of articles on humanitarian issues will be given special consideration;
- Participants can send stories/packages that they have published/produced on humanitarian issues from September 17, 2018 to August 20, 2019. Ideally, these should be stories that have focused on a specific humanitarian issue, including but not limited to: violence against healthcare, disaster reporting, issues related to people with disabilities, disaster response/preparedness, population movement (refugees/IDPs), climate change impact, etc. Stories done by beat reporters will be given priority.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/ICRCpk/photos/a.464257967097464/1069719349884653/?type=3&theater