Deadline: 30 August 2019
Innovation Norway is inviting proposals for Humanitarian Innovation Program to grant funding and support to develop, test and scale new solutions that can contribute to a better and more efficient humanitarian assistance.
The program supports both early stage innovation (Innovation Lab) and scaling and diffusion of solutions that have proven to be successful at the pilot stage (Scaling and Diffusion Program).
The Humanitarian Innovation Program is a grant and support mechanism, fully financed by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and administered by Innovation Norway.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The humanitarian innovation program is looking for bold ideas that seek to improve resilience against natural disasters or improve humanitarian response in crises and conflict, specifically projects addressing issues related to:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Protection: Humanitarian organisations’ efforts that contribute to protecting people from violence, abuse and violation of international law due to humanitarian crises. Applications focusing on protection from sexual and gender-based violence are encouraged.
- Green humanitarian response: Humanitarian organisations’ efforts that contribute to more sustainable and more environmentally friendly solutions within humanitarian aid.
- Cash transfer programming: Humanitarian organisations’ efforts to provide direct distribution of money rather than traditional relief items to people affected by crises.
- NOK 30 million is allocated to innovation and scaling projects in 2019.
- Applications for Innovation Lab projects may range from NOK 4-6 million (or up to NOK 8 million for multiagency projects with 3 or more agency partners)
- Applications for Scaling & Diffusion projects may range from NOK 2-9 million
- The total funding allocated for each program is subject to applications received.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- UN agencies with a humanitarian mandate
- Norwegian humanitarian organisations* with an international mandate
- The grant scheme aims to mobilise humanitarian-private partnerships. The humanitarian organisation/agency is the applicant and receiver of the grant. Private companies cannot apply.
- Projects involving multiple organisations are encouraged. The lead applicant is the receiver of the grant and redistributes to project partners.
*The organisation must be registered in the Brønnøysund Register, have an office in Norway and a Norwegian Board.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.innovasjonnorge.no/no/subsites/hipnorway/apply/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.