Deadline: 4 December 2017
Keidanren Nature Conservation Fund (KNCF) is currently inviting applicants for its 2018 KNCF Grant Program with an aim to provide assistance for nature conservation efforts implemented by NGO/NPO in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Expenses for purchasing or leasing materials and goods, for purchasing land, for purchasing or installing temporary buildings, or for their repair.
- Personnel costs (labor costs for temporary staff, honoraria paid to experts, etc.)
- Travel, transportation, and lodging expenses (utility charges for local office, food, etc.)
- Communication and printing expenses (including translation and publication-related costs)
Projects meeting all of the following four conditions:
- Projects carried out for the purpose of nature conservation in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region. Priority is given to projects for preserving biodiversity.
- Projects expected to receive appropriate levels of cooperation from the host governmental agencies, related international organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and the local citizenry.
- Projects that do not serve the special interests of any specific corporation or individuals.
- Projects that will be carried out by persons with sufficient scientific expertise, or with the advice and cooperation of persons having such expertise.
A group or organization meeting all of the following three conditions:
- A group capable of making appropriate reports, as requested by the Fund, regarding progress in implementing the funded project and its financial status including budgetary matters and settlements of account.
- A group with corporate status or a similar level of public trust.
- A group with a record of at least three years of carrying out nature conservation projects.
Based on the results of scoring by specialists or academic experts, the steering committee will perform an overall evaluation mainly according to the following criteria as the basis for selection.
- It must be an appropriate and effective project grounded in an awareness of current problems.
- The project plan must be feasible.
- A suitable budget plan for implementing the project must be presented.
- The applying organization must be seen to have sufficient experience and capability for carrying out the project activities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit 2018 KNCF Grant Program.