Deadline: 15 December 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2019-20 Direct Assistance Program (DAP) of the Australian Embassy, which is a scheme of competitive funds for the execution of development projects located in Ecuador.
The DAP is aimed at non-profit non-governmental organizations, to assist in the development of small-scale projects that aim to contribute to improving the quality of life of local communities.
To recognize the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2019, The Australian Embassy is looking for project proposals that specifically focus on the elimination of violence against women. Violence against women is an obstacle to achieving gender equality, development and the realization of the human rights of women and girls.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Although all women may suffer gender-based violence, there are many risk groups, including indigenous women, ethnic minorities, women with disabilities, refugees, migrants, lesbians, bisexuals, and transsexuals.
Types of Project
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
To be evaluated, the projects submitted must meet the following characteristics:
- Be oriented to eliminate gender violence
- Be easy to execute and low risk
- The requested amount must be between US $ 7,000 and US $ 20,000 (US dollars) per project
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Organizations that apply for DAP must meet the following requirements:
- Be duly constituted as non-profit non-governmental organizations.
- Have legal personality in Ecuador.
- Have a corporate bank account in the name of the organization .
- To be committed to the development of the community in which they operate, and to demonstrate initiative and capacity in the execution of activities and rendering of expenses in an orderly and transparent manner.
- The DAP has financed projects presented by organizations that have diverse resources, size and trajectory, including projects of large organizations that operate in several countries of the region, as well as projects presented by neighborhood boards, parent centers and women’s associations, among others.
- DAP Program funds are not available to individuals, for-profit organizations, government agencies and / or state and / or municipal entities.
Ineligible Projects, Activities and/or Items
The following projects, activities and / or items are expressly excluded from the DAP:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Commercial projects
- Direct delivery of funds to the government
- Payment of salaries, fees and / or professional services
- Scholarships or micro loans
- Local university courses or in Australia
- Organization and / or attendance at local conferences or in Australia
- Study trips, air tickets and / or other means of transport
- Organization of sports and / or cultural events (eg championships, recitals, etc.)
- Any type of prize in money and/or in kind
- Administrative expenses, including office rental; payment of services or insurance, including purchase of spare parts; office supplies; food and drinks; maintenance and repairs of administrative equipment; passages; transportation, including tolls, fuel, parking; among others
- Purchase or lease of vehicles, properties or land
- Any expenses related to the inauguration of the project, including launch costs, cocktails, coffee breaks, etc.
- Reminder plate of the support of the Australian Embassy
Applications that include these items will not be considered.
For more information, visit https://chile.embassy.gov.au/sclecastellano/DAPhome.html
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.