Deadline: 5 August 2019
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy South Africa of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to manage the logistics for participants of the 2020 South Africa Community College Administrator Program (CCAP).
The grantee will work cooperatively with the Public Affairs Section at the U.S. Embassy in Pretoria to manage the logistics for participants of the 2020 South Africa Community College Administrator Program. This is an initiative by the Bureau for Educational and Cultural Affairs via implementing partners Santa Fe Community College and Florida State University. The CCAP with South Africa will be a six-week program of study for South African Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college and Community Education and Training (CET) college principals or managers. Senior officials from the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) will also be attending. The program will take place in October – November 2019. A pre-departure orientation will be held in August 2019 and required activities will include:
- Facilitating travel logistics and other related expenses of approximately 20 South African delegates including domestic travel related to passports, visas and pre-departure orientation (PDO).
- Logistics and related expenses for a one-day PDO in Gauteng (Pretoria or Johannesburg) including venue selection; flight and ground transport bookings; conference facilities booking; overnight accommodation and meals for delegates; and payment to vendors.
- Domestic logistics and related expenses for 20 delegates to travel to the U.S. including travel allowance, transportation from home city to departure city, and hotel and meals in departure city if needed. (NOTE: U.S. cooperating agencies will arrange for participants’ round-trip international air travel so no travel expenses for international flight need to be included.)
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $15,000 to a maximum of $17,200
- Total expected funding: $17,200
Participants and Audiences
South African Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college and Community Education and Training (CET) college principals or managers.
The following United States and South African organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations;
- Public and private educational institutions
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=317877