Deadline: 30 January 2020
Applications are now open for Finnish Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) which is a fund managed by the Office of the Ambassador to Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia to support initiatives of local non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and other institutions in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia.
The FLC helps local civil society actors to carry out well-targeted projects with a clear goal and sustainable outcome in the field of human rights, democracy and good governance, particularly in regard to gender equality. The approach is to establish partnerships with a limited number of organizations instead of supporting one-time activities like workshops or seminars.
Priority areas of the FLC in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia in 2020 are gender equality, disabled persons and economic empowerment of the most vulnerable.
The Office of the Roving Ambassador prefers to focus on projects with the cost of share of around 25 000 – 30 000 euros.
- The organization(s) in question should have a genuine, credible domestic basis; the proposed program should not be launched or fully financed by the donor.
- Activities proposed should reach a large audience and have potential for a broad impact.
- Prospective applicants must provide detailed information on their organization.
- The applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Past experiences of projects with similar focus
- Specific, achievable and relevant objectives of the project
- Clarity on the main beneficiaries – Effective and efficient use of the funds
- the organization needs to demonstrate in the proposed budget that the funds will be used effectively to reach the specified objectives
- Innovative approaches to solve problems in the community
- Regional and cross-border approach is appreciated
- Sustainability of the results.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2tJhLMY