Deadline: 31 December 2019
Through funding from the State Department’s Full Participation Fund, the Ambassador’s Small Grants Program for Women’s Empowerment seeks to increase community-based organizations capacity to improve the welfare of women and girls in Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, and the Solomon Islands.
The Ambassador’s Small Grants Program for Women’s Empowerment aims to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Help women’s organizations build leadership, organizational, and advocacy capacity so that they can increase their participation in building democratic development
- Provide economic empowerment and support to women entrepreneurs through financial literacy, training, and networking opportunities so that they may play a key role in their communities
- Improve the health of women and girls through increased awareness and information dissemination
- Engage men and boys in the prevention of gender-based violence
- Increase women’s and girls’ awareness of their rights to promote gender equality in local communities
The Ambassador’s Small Grants Program for Women’s Empowerment will fund specific projects by local organizations that include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Create mentoring and apprenticeship opportunities
- Improve institution building and advocacy skills within the organization
- Provide financial literacy and business management skills, as well as networking opportunities for women business owners
- Raise awareness on micro finance and other options to access capital for women entrepreneurs
- Carry out information campaigns on health issues affecting women and girls
- Address gender-based violence in a holistic way and address gender roles
- Promote gender equality by increasing awareness of human rights
The Ambassador’s Small Grants Program for Women’s Empowerment encourages projects that:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Promote partnerships among two or more local organizations for a common goal
- Include young women as project implementers and/or target beneficiaries
- Incorporate the use of social media
- Demonstrate innovative ways to address women’s issues
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: USD $2,500/PGK 6,500*
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: USD $5,000/PGK 13,000 *
*The U.S. Embassy in Port Mores by reserves the right to award less or more than the funds described under such other circumstances as it may deem to be in the best interest of the U.S. Government.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, visit this link.