Deadline: 29 November 2019
The small grants are from USD $10,000 to $200,000 per project; the large grants are from US $200,000 to $800,000 per project.
The AFCP 2020 Small Grants Competition supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects and collections, and forms of traditional cultural expression. Appropriate project activities may include:
- In the case of cultural sites: conservation of an ancient or historic building, preservation of an archaeological site, or documentation of cultural sites in a region for preservation purposes.
- In the case of cultural objects and collections: conservation needs assessments and treatment, inventory of a collection for conservation purposes, the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections, or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections.
- In the case of forms of traditional cultural expression: documentation and audiovisual recording of traditional music, indigenous languages and dance forms for broad dissemination as the means of teaching and further preserving them, or support for training in the preservation of traditional applied arts or crafts in danger of extinction.
Applications for projects that do one or more of the following will receive additional consideration:
- Support disaster risk reduction for cultural heritage in disaster-prone areas
- Support post-disaster cultural heritage recovery
- Preserve World Heritage sites
- Eligible project applicants include reputable and accountable non-commercial entities that are able to demonstrate that they have the requisite experience and capacity to manage projects to preserve cultural heritage.
- This may include non-governmental organizations, museums, ministries of culture, or similar institutions and organizations, including U.S.-based organizations subject to Section 501(c)(3) of the tax code.
- Past AFCP award recipients may submit applications for continuation funds under this opportunity.
- The AFCP will not award grants to individuals, commercial entities, or past award recipients that have not fulfilled the objectives or reporting requirements of previous AFCP awards.
How to Apply
All interested applicants must submit proposals via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://mw.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity-2020-u-s-ambassadors-fund-for-cultural-preservation-afcp/