The Humberside Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) is now accepting applications for its Community Safety Fund to support community organisations to kick-start local projects that will cut crime and antisocial behaviour and improve feelings of safety.
The PCC’s Community Safety Fund offers grants towards the costs of community safety and crime reduction projects across the Humber area.
- The Fund can provide funding of between £500 and £35,000 towards projects that meet the scheme criteria.
- A total of £1.1m has been allocated to the Fund between 2022/23 and 2024/25.
- Organisations eligible to apply
- The following organisations are eligible to apply for funding from the PCC’s Community Safety Fund:
- Non-profit organisations e.g. charities, social enterprises, community groups
- Town and parish councils
- The following organisations will not be eligible to apply directly, but could co-fund projects led by eligible organisations:
- Unitary local authorities (i.e. Hull City Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, North Lincolnshire Council and North East Lincolnshire Council)
- Humberside Police, Humberside Fire & Rescue Service and other statutory services
- Other large public sector organisations and government agencies (e.g. NHS organisations)
- For-profit businesses
- Whilst recently-established organisations can apply to the Fund, they may need to put in place additional safeguards for organisations without a demonstrable track record in order to protect public funds.
- Funded organisations must have formal governance documents in place (e.g. a constitution), with a management team/board of trustees of at least three people who are not related. The organisation must have a bank account in its own name that requires at least two signatories who are not related.
- The Fund cannot support individuals or informal groups of individuals, and cannot pay grants into personal bank accounts
For more information, visit https://www.humberside-pcc.gov.uk/Community/Community-Safety-Fund.aspx