Deadline: 29 September 2017
The Japan Water Forum (JWF) is currently seeking applications for the 5th round of its Kyoto World Water Grand Prize with an aim to find and develop outstanding grass-roots activities related to water issues around the world.
5th Kyoto World Water Grand Prize honors a distinguished organization that has been working for solving critical water issues in developing countries, through which the Prize making a contribution to the grass-root activities as well as promoting and calling for the importance of problem-solving actions to many people and organizations ranging from those who are involved in adoption of political policies and play roles in international discussions to those striving for grass-roots activities.
The Prize will be awarded at the opening ceremony or closing ceremony of the 8th World Water Forum in Brazil, March of 2018.
- The winner of the prize will be awarded 2,000,000 JPY (approximately 18,000 USD), which should be used by the winning organization for implementing their project.
- The winning organization is requested to describe the details of project in the application form for the prize and report on the project to Japan Water Forum.
Any organization is eligible for the Prize with the exception of:
- National governments
- Local governments
- Commercial corporations
- Branch of International Aid Organization
- Organization: The organization implements grass-roots activities aiming at solving water-related problems which approach and outcomes of the activities could set a good example to others.
- Project by means of the prize: The project contributes to solving the water-related problems at the grass-roots level. The following are a few examples of the activities:
- Construction/ repair of the rainwater harvesting tank, well, and water reservoir.
- Installation of the small scale type water supply system.
- Construction/ repair of the sanitation facility.
- Maintenance/ improvement of the water resources environment.
- Installation/ promotion of the water efficiency irrigation system.
- Implementation of the Water-related disaster risk reduction/mitigation program.
- 1st screening process: evaluating the applications (October, 2017)
- 2nd screening process: selecting the top 5 (November to December, 2017)
- Final screening process: selecting the winning organization (January, 2018)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Kyoto World Water Grand Prize.