Deadline: 28 January 2019
The first call for strategic projects is organized within the Active Citizens Fund – Bulgaria (hereinafter referred as to the “Fund”) under the European Economic Area (EEA) Financial Mechanism (FM) 2014 – 2021.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The call for proposals aims to support long-term projects of civil society organizations offering strategic solutions for the sustainability and capacity of the civil sector in Bulgaria, strengthening its role in promoting democratic participation, active citizenship and human rights.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The first call for strategic projects will support projects of civil organizations (non-profit legal entities) with duration of 12 to 36 months and a grant amount of 10,001 to 200,000 euros in six thematic priorities / outcomes.
- The total available indicative budget for awarding grants for strategic projects under the call is € 6,700,000.
Applicants can submit project proposals in six thematic priorities (hereinafter referred to as ‘thematic outcomes’):
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Strengthened democratic culture and civic awareness
- Increased support for human rights
- Vulnerable groups are empowered
- CSOs actively address gender equality and gender based violence (GBV)
- Increased civic engagement in environmental protection/climate change
- Enhanced capacity and sustainability of the civil society sector including CSOs
Type of Activities
Type of activities that are eligible under the call (the list is non-exhaustive):
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Carrying out/participation in consultations (including public consultations and stakeholder consultations);
- Advocacy campaigns and other advocacy initiatives;
- Monitoring activities (with reference to public policies and institutions at national/central or local level, elections, public appointments, etc.);
- Preparation of analyses, reports, studies, etc., aimed at holding an informed public debate and formulating evidence-based public policies;
- Development of training materials – all kinds of online and offline applications and platforms, textbooks, manuals, manuals, guidelines for work, etc. ;
- Promotion and distribution, incl. online distribution of research, analysis, reports, training materials, etc., including translation, prepress and printing;
- Provision of legal aid;
- Building of partnerships;
- Organizing and conducting trainings, seminars, conferences, etc.;
- Project management and reporting activities;
- Activities in fulfilment of the requirements of the project contract – maintenance of a bank account for the project, activities to ensure visualization and publicity of the project, audit, etc.;
- Other activities that the applicant has convincingly justified in the project proposal as necessary to achieve the project goal.
- Eligible applicants in the first calls for strategic projects are civil organizations/non-governmental organizations registered in Bulgaria as non-profit legal entities established for the public benefit (including public community centres (‘chitalishta’) registered under the Non-Profit Legal Entities Act and the Bulgarian Red Cross).
- The eligible applicants must meet also the following requirements:
- to not be unions of businesses or organizations, established on a professional principle, whose objectives and activities are oriented towards protection of the specific interests (business or professional) of their members, founders, or governing bodies;
- to be independent of bodies of the local, regional, or central authorities and of other state and public authorities and institutions;
- to be independent of political parties and commercial entities within the meaning of the Commerce Act;
- to adhere to the principles of democracy and respect for human rights Political parties, religious institutions, social partners and profit-distributing cooperatives are not considered eligible applicants.
- Organizations that have not recovered amounts due, following a final court decision in connection with the NGO Programme 2009-2014 in Bulgaria, are not considered eligible applicants and/or partners.
- The eligibility of applicants and partners will be established by the Operator on the basis of and after the presenting of required documents at the stage before the signing of a project contract with the Fund Operator. At the application stage, the applicant and the partners present signed declarations, in a standard form, with which they declare their eligibility.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
To apply, applicants have to register a profile in the Electronic Proposal Submission System (ESPSP) via given website.
Eligible Country: Bulgaria
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2OeYU0x