Aurora and GiveOUT, with support from The Snow Foundation and a strong core of community donors, are excited to announce their second Amplify Pride Fund grant round.
The Amplify Pride Fund exists to support LGBTIQ+ organisations across the country to thrive and grow. It is a new national LGBTIQ+ fund created in 2022 by GiveOUT and Aurora with support from the Snow Foundation.
The Amplify Pride Fund will provide LGBTIQ+ organisations across Australia with larger, more sustainable funding. If they are to tackle the challenges and barriers still facing vulnerable members of their community—poorer mental health, isolation, homelessness, and social and economic marginalisation—they need to adequately resource and increase the capacity of their LGBTIQ+ organisations.
- In addition to working in their focus areas, they prioritise initiatives that:
- Address an issue or gap at a systemic level
- Are led by and/or substantially include those with lived experience of the relevant target population in design and decision making
- Present an evidence-based solution
- Are bold and innovative
- Build capacity to be more sustainable and effective beyond the lifetime of the grant
- They support organisations and projects working in one or more of the focus areas:
- Addressing economic disadvantage in LGBTIQ+ communities (for example: housing, education, employment)
- Challenging discrimination and violence, and their impacts on LGBTIQ+ wellbeing (for example: family violence, mental health, suicide prevention, addiction, social isolation)
- Promoting human rights and social justice for LGBTIQ+ communities
- Building the capacity of the LGBTIQ+ community sector (for example: increasing sector effectiveness in advocacy, program delivery, collaborative capabilities)
- Initial one-off grants of between $20,000 and $60,000 are available and amounts will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Grantees will have a maximum of 12 months to use funds (unless otherwise decided in the application process).
Use of Funds
- Funds can be used for:
- Operational and core activities including organisational capacity building (for example staffing, evaluating impact, infrastructure , communications, operations, governance, strategy)
- Program delivery, with a focus on innovative solutions, prevention and early intervention
- Sector capacity building and collaboration
- Populations they are prioritising include LGBTIQ+ communities that are uniquely marginalised or underserved, with a focus on:
- First Nations communities
- Other LGBTIQ+ communities that experience intersectional marginalisation or discrimination including: people of colour, migrants, refugees and people seeking asylum, people of faith, people with disability
- Trans and gender diverse communities
- Intersex communities
- Funding is available to organisations that operate in Australia.
- Priority will be given to organisations that have a geographic reach in one or more of these locations:
- Regional and/or rural
- Recipients must be:
- An Australian registered charity with the ACNC
- Focused on working with LGBTIQ+ communities
- Recipients do not need to hold DGR status.
- Previous applicants and grantees of Amplify Pride Fund are eligible to reapply.
For more information, visit Aurora Group.