Deadline: 23 August 2019
The Kenya National Academy of Science has launched applications for the ‘Annual Regional Young Scientists’ Conference inviting young emerging scientists from sub-Saharan Africa to participate in the multilateral conference.
The Conference is envisaged to bring about experts senior scientists as key speakers, policy makers and young scientists to deliberate on topical issues affecting Africa.
The Young Scientists will also get to be trained on science diplomacy and sustainable development goals with the objectives of exposing to the real world of the complex interaction between the scientists, the policy makers and the implementer.
The Conference will seek to address critical issues pertinent to Africa’s development challenges as identified in STISA 2024 through rigorous scientific debate and interrogation of policy dimensions in the four sub themes:
- Food Security in Africa;
- Climate Change and environmental protection;
- Water resources exploitation and management; and
- Energy and Sustainable Development in Africa.
- Energy Nexus;
- Applicant must be from or working in sub- Saharan Africa;
- Applicant must be under age of forty(40);
- Applicant must be in possession of at least a Masters degree and enrolled for PhD;
- They must have research interests in the conference sub-themes;
- They must submit an abstract (online form) that is relevant to the conference theme;
- Applicant must be willing to present and share current research results at the conference.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit https://www.twas-rossa.org.za/news/item/295-annual-regional-young-scientists-conference-call-for-applications