Deadline: 16 February 2020
The U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced available funding for the American Center Ho Chi Minh City’s Journalism Club.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Proposals for projects must focus on one of the priority journalism programs and target audiences specified below:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Media Literacy: Course or workshop aimed at students and young professionals focusing on critical reading of news sources, identifying disinformation, and responsible social media use.
- Data Journalism: Course aimed at journalists and editors focusing on data visualization, developing infographics (including graphs, maps, etc.), data sources, and data cleaning.
- Investigative Reporting: Course or workshop aimed at media professionals focusing on investigative techniques, developing sources, and story development.
- Video storytelling: Course aimed at students and/or professionals on using videos to tell stories, from storyboard development, filming, and editing techniques, to product promotion on an online platforms.
- American Journalism: Course or workshop for university journalism students introducing major U.S. outlets and current trends in American media.
- English for Journalists and Media Professionals: Course aimed at journalists and editors focusing on topics such as interviews, written English, and grammar.
- “This week”: Course for university journalism students focusing on developing a weekly news broadcast. Focus can be on story development, delivering news in English, and production.
- Podcasting: Course or workshop aimed at students and young professionals on developing story-telling skills, podcast platforms, citizen journalism, and marketing of podcasts.
Award Amount will vary between $1,000 and $15,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Duration should be a minimum of six months and a maximum of one year. Successful projects will be eligible for renewal.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Vietnam entities with relevant programming and/or teaching experience. This experience should be documented in the proposal. Eligible entities include:
- For-profit entity is not allowed to apply. Previous federal award recipients who are not/were not in compliance with the terms of their financial and program reporting requirements are ineligible to apply. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable terms, conditions, and Office of Management and Budget guidance and requirements. Those organizations found to be in non-compliance may be found ineligible for funding or designated high risk if selected for funding.
For more information, visit https://vn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/SVM700-20-PAS-004-NOFO-Journalism-Club.pdf
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.