Applications are now open for the Social Enterprise Support Fund to provide essential financial support to help social enterprises during COVID-19.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- You can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £300,000, but most grants will be between £10,000 and £50,000. They require additional information for grants of over £50,000 and these will take longer to process. Grant awards over £100,000 will be rare, and will require additional due diligence checks and a telephone interview.
- The application asks for information on your projected income and expenditure for the next 12 months (or a 12-month period that covers at least until December 2020).
- In England: This fund is only available for social enterprises most of whose beneficiaries are in England.
- At least one year old: Your organisation must have been incorporated for at least one year to be eligible for this fund. This means it must have been registered with Companies House, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or the Charity Commission one year ago.
- An incorporated social purpose organisation, with an asset lock: Your social enterprise must be incorporated. It may be a charitable company, a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO), a Community Interest Company (CIC) or a Community Benefit Society (CBS / Registered Society).
- It may also be a company limited by guarantee (CLG), a company limited by shares (CLS), a co-operative society, or other registered society, if, within its governing document it has:
- a clear social purpose
- a restriction on distribution of profits, to the extent that at least 51% of surpluses are reinvested for its social purpose
- an “asset lock”
For more information, visit https://socialenterprisesupportfund.org.uk/funding-eligibility/guidance-applicants