Deadline: 30 August 2018
The U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Section (PAS) has announced that funding is available through the Public Affairs Grants program to support activities that promote U.S.-Canada bilateral relations in the following four priority areas:
- Increase entrepreneurship and economic prosperity; maximize economic growth and bilateral trade, tourism, and investment, especially among youth and underserved communities;
- Enhance civil society’s ability to respond to transnational crime, natural disasters, or terrorist threats;
- Enhance bilateral partnerships in promotion of rule of law assistance, development, and cooperation in the Americas and beyond;
- Promote cultural exchange and enhance understanding of our shared history, traditions, and values.
The goal of these grants is to enhance relations between Canadian and U.S. organizations and people in the priority areas described, and/or to inform Canadian audiences about the United States, its culture, society, government, legal, economic and political systems, and values. To further these goals, grant proposals must include a specific focus on American content, which can include speakers who are experts in U.S. policy, academia, culture, and economics; the use of U.S. training models or materials; exchanges with U.S. institutions; or promotion of U.S. culture and art.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Award Ceiling: U.S. $15,000.00
- Award Floor: U.S. $3,000.00
- The U.S. Mission to Canada encourages applications from all sectors in Canada, as well as U.S. not-for-profit organizations that have partners in Canada, and registered Canadian organizations: civil society organizations, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions.
- To be eligible for a grant award, in addition to other conditions of this request for applications, organizations must have a commitment to non-discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices. Non-discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Commercial firms are ineligible to receive funding through this award mechanism.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit U.S. Mission to Canada.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.