Deadline: 11 October 2016
GlobalGiving is now accepting applications from qualified nonprofits for the GlobalGiving Accelerator. It is an opportunity for applicants and their organization to build skills, access tools, and grow their base of supporters to achieve crowdfunding success.
The GlobalGiving Accelerator happens during a specific period of time. Following an optional two-week training curriculum, participating organizations must raise at least $5,000 total from a minimum of 40 different donors in order to secure a permanent fundraising spot on the GlobalGiving platform.
All participants will have opportunities to earn matching funding and bonus prizes and graduates of the Accelerator will be featured in a press release, have their work promoted to a global audience of potential donors, and earn permanent partnership with GlobalGiving.
- Crowdfunding 101;
- Mapping your potential donor network;
- Storytelling and email appeals; and
- Creating SMART goals.
Benefits of Completing the Accelerator
Organizations that successfully complete the GlobalGiving Accelerator by raising at least $5,000 total from a minimum 40 different donors will earn:
- Permanent membership in the GlobalGiving community, including ongoing opportunities to attract new corporate and individual donors
- Inclusion in a GlobalGiving press release announcing the Accelerator graduates
- Additional promotion through GlobalGiving’s marketing and communications team
- A certificate of completion of the GlobalGiving Accelerator
Win Extra Funding from GlobalGiving!
GlobalGiving provides several opportunities for organizations to win Bonus prizes or matching funds during the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign.
- Bonus Day: During the Accelerator, GlobalGiving will have one Bonus Day during which GlobalGiving will match online donations between $25 and $1,000.
- Most Funds Raised Prizes: At the conclusion of the Accelerator campaign, the project with the most funds raised during the campaign will receive $3,000. The organization that raises the second highest amount will receive $2,000 and the organization with the third highest amount will receive $1,000.
- Most Unique Donors Prize: At the conclusion of the Accelerator, the project with the most unique donors during the campaign will receive $2,000.
- Any registered nonprofit (anywhere in the world!) is eligible to apply.
- The organization must be able to update donors through an online Project Report at least every three months on the projects it lists on the GlobalGiving platform.
- The organization’s staff must be able to communicate with the GlobalGiving staff in English.
- The organization must not discriminate in selecting it’s beneficiaries or staff.
- The organization must satisfy GlobalGiving’s application requirements.
- The organization must acknowledge that their ongoing listing on GlobalGiving’s platform is dependent on completion of the Accelerator crowdfunding campaign.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can complete the online application form via given website.
For more information, please visit GlobalGiving Accelerator.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canton and Enderbury Islands, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos or Keeling Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo – Brazzaville, Congo – Kinshasa, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Dronning Maud Land, East Germany, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong SAR China, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Johnston Island, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau SAR China, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Metropolitan France, Mexico, Micronesia, Midway Islands, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar or Burma, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, North Vietnam, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pacific Islands Trust Territory, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Panama Canal Zone, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Serbia and Montenegro, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, São Tomé and Príncipe, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Miscellaneous Pacific Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uganda, Ukraine, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wake Island, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.