Deadline: 28 April 2017
The Australian Government is seeking applications to apply to deliver services under the Strengthening Communities/Community Development Participation/Digital Literacy for Older Australians (DLOA): National Network Manager from 1 June 2017 to 30 June 2020.
DLOA builds on the existing Australian Government Broadband for Seniors program, which ceases on 30 June 2017, by adopting a wider family and community centred approach to supporting, coaching and teaching older Australians who have minimal engagement with technology.
An amount of $112.61 million has been allocated over four years from 1 July 2014 by the Australian Government for the program.
- The following entity types meet the eligibility requirements to be invited to apply for a grant for this Activity:
- Incorporated Associations (incorporated under state/territory legislation, commonly have ‘Association’ or ‘Incorporated’ or ‘Inc.’ in their legal name)
- Incorporated Cooperatives (also incorporated under state/territory legislation, commonly have ‘Cooperative’ in their legal name)
- Companies (incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 – may be a proprietary company (limited by shares or by guarantee) or public companies)
- Aboriginal Corporations (incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006)
- Organisations established through a specific piece of Commonwealth or state/territory legislation (public benevolent institutions, churches, universities, unions etc)
- Trustees on behalf of a Trust
- Priority groups include:
- Individuals/communities who are vulnerable or at risk of social exclusion or who have more complex needs and experience greater barriers to social and economic participation in their communities. Priority groups include Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, senior Australians and people with disability or who have mental health issues
- seniors aged 50 years and over with limited knowledge and or experience, or who lack confidence, in using digital technology
- volunteers, volunteer-involving organisations and individuals and organisations interested in participating in volunteering activities and that need support in these activities
- high need and at-risk culturally and linguistically diverse communities and community leaders where community relations issues are prevalent
- new and emerging culturally and linguistically diverse communities and community leaders
How to Apply
Applicants must submit online application form electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: Australia
For more information, please visit this link.