Deadline: 19 May 2017
The Comic Relief in partnership with The M∙A∙C AIDS Fund, is seeking applications for its initiative “HIV in the UK: Think Digital” to support organisations who are using technology in innovative and inspiring ways to respond to the ever-changing HIV landscape in the UK.
- Improve the quality of life for people living with HIV, particularly those who are 50+
- Increase access to services which enable prompt diagnosis of HIV and contribute to HIV prevention
- Address misinformation and the stigma surrounding HIV
Comic Relief anticipates making up to 10 grants from a total fund of £450,000.
- Grants can be for between £20,000 – £80,000, and over a period of six – 18 months.
- Comic Relief will fund digital solutions at any stage of development (from idea stage to roll out of existing solutions). Applicant will need to have an identified digital partner (or in-house digital expertise) in place at the point of applying for funding.
- Comic Relief is particularly interested to understand the sustainability and revenue models for the technological solution, so please reflect on this in the application.
- Comic Relief welcomes proposals from the HIV sector and beyond, including unusual collaborations, such as those working together to develop new solutions alongside design or digital agencies.
- The grant will include additional support from social-tech experts, which will include a one day start up workshop at the start of the grant, connections to tech experts, on-going mentoring and two peer learning days.
- Applicants should budget for three trips to London to attend these sessions.
- Comic Relief expects that for those projects at an early stage of development, the first three months will be dedicated to research, ideas development, user testing or piloting, before development and delivery work begins in full over the remaining life of the project.
- Grants are available for organisations based in the UK for work in the UK.
- There is no restriction on the annual income of the organisation or partnership applying for a grant.
- There is no restriction on applying for this grant if you have another grant with Comic Relief.
- Comic Relief will not fund pure research for the duration of the grant, however, we will support research as part of the grant that results in the creation of a tangible solutions and would expect user-centred research and design processes to be followed throughout.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit Comic Relief.