Deadline: 6 October 2016
Google is seeking applications to select female-founded startups from around the world to pitch at the Google for Entrepreneurs Demo Day: Women’s Edition, hosted in Silicon Valley on November 2, 2016.
Google Demo Day brings a diverse group of startups from the around the world to Silicon Valley to showcase their technology and meet investors and mentors and will feature some of the world’s best early stage startups founded or co-founded by women.
On May 4th, 2016, Google hosted their third Google Demo Day featuring startups from the North America Tech Hub Network at Google HQ. The event featured 11 startups, representing incredible innovation traveled around Canada, Mexico, and the United States, with the goal to raise capital and drive awareness of the innovation happening in their cities. These high-growth startups had 5 minutes to impress the judges and packed house of more than 50 investors.
In the end, 2 startups were recognized by judges and the audience, but all 11 walked away with $100,000 investment from, Steve Case from Revolution Ventures contingent on them raising $1 million in the 100 days following the event.
- PRESENT – Pitch on stage to a full room of investors, VCs, and respected judges at the Google Headquarters in Mountain View.
- ELEVATE – Opportunities to be featured in press coverage around Demo Day.
- CONNECT -Be a part of a global network with this year’s cohort of ambitious founders.
- GROW – Receive focused mentoring, feedback, and support from Googlers and Silicon Valley veterans at an exclusive series of talks and workshops.
- EXPLORE – Startups will be in Silicon Valley from October 30-November 3, 2016.
- Applicants have a startup in the B2B or B2C space (technology vertical preferred).
- Founders include at least one woman.
- That founder(s) will travel to and present at Demo Day.
- Applicants are actively raising a Series A round of roughly $1,000,000 – $5,000,000 USD.
- Applicants are willing and able to travel to Silicon Valley October 30-November 3, 2016.
- Applicants are passionate about building a great company.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Note: Google for Entrepreneurs will cover the cost of hotel accommodations for up to two rooms. For international founders, Google for Entrepreneurs will cover the cost of air travel.
For more information, please visit Google Demo Day Women’s Edition.