Deadline: 3 October 2019
Applications are now open for the Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum which will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019 in Tunis, Tunisia, and will gather up to 38 participants from the Arab States region.
The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum is organized by the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, under the World Heritage Education Programme, within the framework of the UNESCO/UNOCT project on the Prevention of Violent Extremism (PVE) through Youth Empowerment in Jordan, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia, co-funded by Canada. It is organized in collaboration with the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization (ALECSO).
The Forum aims to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peacebuilding, through the protection, preservation and promotion of World Heritage.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Forum will enhance the participants’ understanding of the World Heritage Convention; enable them to exchange on the challenges faced in Arab States in relation to heritage; and discuss how culture can be leveraged to contribute to a future of peace for the region. In addition to building a peer network of like-minded individuals committed to this common goal, the young professionals will be encouraged to create an action plan and design projects/activities towards local communities, by applying the knowledge and skills acquired during the Forum.
Objectives and Expected Outcomes
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Forum will adopt an inclusive, multi-disciplinary and participatory approach across youth, heritage, peacebuilding and communications, to:
- Enhance the knowledge of the World Heritage Convention among the participants, and strengthen a shared sense of belonging and ownership of heritage to foster peacebuilding.
- Enable the participants to exchange on the challenges faced in Arab States in relation to heritage; and discuss how culture can be leveraged to contribute to a future of peace for the region.
- Develop a dynamic network of young people that create change and positive impact in their communities using heritage as a channel of peace.
Organization and Practical Information
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019, in Tunis, Tunisia. The participants are expected to arrive on Sunday 1 December, remain available for the entire duration of the Forum until 6 December, included.
- All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered (including transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the Forum).
Applicants are expected to:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on protection, preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities;
- be working in and/or demonstrate interest in the promotion of peace;
- be citizens of one of the 19 countries in the Arab States region;
- be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application;
- be fluent in English;
- be motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries;
- be available for the entire duration of the Forum;
- Note: Presenting project proposals and ideas related to World Heritage that promote peacebuilding, while applying, will be considered an additional asset.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Eligible Countries : Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
For more information, please visit https://whc.unesco.org/en/news/2021/