Deadline: 1 February 2020
The Arca Foundation is currently seeking applications for its grant program to support organizations and projects that work to advance economic and racial justice, an inclusive democracy, peace and security, human rights, and a clean environment.
The Foundation support strategic initiatives that work to engage diverse, impacted communities in organization that puts people on the front lines of social change; educate the public about policies that advance the greater good; promote transparency and access to information; and strive for structural, game-changing reforms.
Arca’s long-term aim is to advance a sustainable planet where there is respect for human dignity and there is economic, democratic and social equity.
The Arca Foundation’s average grant is approximately $50,000. However, many are less and a few are larger grants, depending upon the project.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Domestically, Arca will work to make measurable shifts toward advancing racial and economic justice and democratic inclusion at the local and state level in the US South (Florida and North Carolina) and in the US Midwest (Michigan and Wisconsin).
- The Arca Foundation has a modest international portfolio that supports 501(c)(3) organizations working to advance a more just US Foreign Policy that prioritizes human dignity and building peace over militarization.
The Foundation accepts three types of Grant applications:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- General Support Requests
- Requests for general organizational support.
- Project Support Requests
- Requests for a specific project housed within an organization.
- Fiscally Sponsored Project Requests
- Requests by organizations that do not have their own 501(c)3 status but have secured a 501(c)3 organization as a fiscal sponsor or requests by organizations who intend to make a sub-grant in support of a particular organization or project.
What will not fund
The Foundation will not provide grants for the following:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Capital Projects/ Endowments;
- Scholarships or Fellowships;
- Scholarly Research;
- Government Programs;
- Direct or Grassroots Lobbying;
- Direct Social and Human Services.
For more information, visit https://www.arcafoundation.org/for-grant-applicants/