Deadline: 3 July 2017
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is currently seeking applications from journalists for its “Travel and Discretionary Grants” with an aim to offer New Zealand journalists the chance to travel to Asia to research and prepare stories.
These grants support independent and self-managed travel to the region by New Zealand journalists. The Asia New Zealand Foundation does not make travel arrangements and cannot sponsor visas.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation offers two types of grants to journalists: travel grants and discretionary grants.
- Travel Grants: Travel grants are awarded to journalists who have a clear plan of what stories they want to cover. Proposals for all locations in Asia will be considered. Applications that provide information about proposed features and interviewees, outlets for the stories, supporting letters from relevant editors/producers, costs and itineraries have a greater chance of acceptance.
- Note: In certain circumstances, discretionary applications can be accepted outside of the above dates.
- Applicants must be:
- either working as journalists for news organisations or as freelance journalists
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Preference will be given to candidates who:
- are interested in deepening their knowledge of Asia
- have a proven track record in journalism
- are currently based in New Zealand
- can provide a stimulating, well-researched and focused proposal outlining story ideas
- can demonstrate that their material is likely to reach a substantial audience
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: New Zealand
For more information, please visit Asia New Zealand Foundation.