Deadline: 30 November 2016
The Asia New Zealand Foundation is seeking applications for its Business Grants program to support organisations leading projects that provide New Zealanders with opportunities to learn from the region’s business leaders, and build relationships in Asia.
The foundation has supplied grants to support both networking events open to the general public and invitation-only events held for the benefit of select senior business audiences.
Grants are intended to cover costs associated with bringing speakers to New Zealand. Business grants cannot be used to cover standard event managment costs such as administration, venue and equipment hire or catering costs.
- Fund projects providing leadership on engagement with Asia
- Encourage New Zealand businesses to include Asia-related activities in their business planning
- Invest in capability-building initiatives that increase New Zealand businesses’ capacity to engage with the Asian region
- Capitalize on local Asian business experience and knowledge to further enhance New Zealand business capability.
- Grant amounts range from $2,000 to $10,000.
- Typically, higher-value grants are awarded to organisations holding events offshore that involve audiences of around 100 or more.
- Business grants are awarded to organisations that are able to deliver high-quality learning and networking opportunities. They are not intended to fund business development activities by commercial entities.
Eligible applicants include:
- Asia-related business councils
- Public tertiary institutions
- Business events that create Asia-related learning and networking opportunities
- Business support organisations engaged in developing relationships with business counterparts in Asia that are of benefit to a wide range of industries in New Zealand.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their applications either via post, deliver or courier at the address given on the website.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen and New Zealand
For more information, please visit Business Grants Program.