Deadline: 12 April 2019
This Second Call for Applications for Grants is launched as part of the project ‘Empower – Engage – Build Ownership’ founded by the EU, managed by the European Union Office in Kosovo and implemented by the Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) and Institute for Development Policy (INDEP).
- Environmental protection means guarding natural resources from harmful human acts on individual, organization controlled or governmental levels. It involves engaging in sustainable environmental practices that do not destroy nature, preserve the existing natural environment and where possible repair damage. The environment is anything that surrounds us and protecting it, is our responsibility.
- Green energy comes from natural sources such as sunlight, wind, rain, plants, geothermal heat, etc. These energy resources are renewable, meaning they’re naturally replenished. Renewable energy technologies are clean sources of energy that have a much lower environmental impact than conventional energy technologies. Kosovo is a country dependent on fossil fuel for energy production. Given that fossil fuels are increasingly expensive in economic, health, and environmental terms there is a need for efficient use of energy and a diversion of energy production from dirty to clean green energy.
- Sustainable economic growth means a rate of growth which can be maintained without creating other significant economic problems, especially for future generations. A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear economy “make, use, dispose” in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life.
In particular, the project has three specific objectives:
- To improve skills and information-sharing capacities of CSOs on policy monitoring, advocacy and campaigning on the targeted thematic priorities through Capacity Building Trainings (CBT).
- Increase the incentive to improve participation of CSO’s in policy making and policy implementation, advocacy and grassroots activities through funding organizations in the whole Kosovo and
- Increase citizens’ awareness on sustainable development in Kosovo through supporting activities that especially promote environmental protection, green energy and sustainable economic growth by reusing products.
This call for projects will be supported by: about 17 small grants and 3 medium grants.
- Small Grants:
- Amount – from 3,500 to 4,000 euros.
- Duration: six to eight (6-8) months.
- Medium Grants:
- Amount: Up to 15,000 Euros.
- Duration: ten to twelve (10-12) months.
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- be non-profit-making NGO/CSO: association, foundation, social cooperative/non-profit cooperative, youth groups legally constituted in Kosovo;
- be a legal entity registered with Kosovo authorities at least two years before this call is launched;
- be able to provide registration documents of the organization (certificate of registration, fiscal number certificate) and proof they have completed all obligations towards the state, including Tax Administration and bank account information.
- Applicant’s principal activity must be in line with the objectives of this call
- Applicants must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, not acting as an intermediary
- Applicants who successfully concluded the contracts from the First Call within this project, are eligible to apply for this second call; provided that the proposal is NOT a mere repetition of previous project.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted via e-mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Kosovo
For more information, please visit http://balkangreenfoundation.org/eu/