Deadline: 19 July 2019
They are particularly interested in projects proposals focused on the following thematic areas of work:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Inclusive Economic Growth and Improvement of Business Environment: Projects aiming to support inclusive economic growth and development for rural and urban disadvantaged groups; increasing accountability and transparency in key economic sectors or government institutions; supporting reforms and implementation of policies aimed at promoting conditions for open markets, such as, but not limited to promoting competitiveness, streamlining processes to facilitate trade, increasing sustainability and innovation, tackling corruption and bureaucracy, reducing the potential for illicit trade, economic crime and money laundry.
- Human Rights: Strengthening freedom of press and safety of journalists, media workers and strengthening their legal rights; increasing participation of women in politics for positions of leadership and influence; increasing equality and non-discrimination, reducing violence against women, LGBT+, Afro-Paraguayan community, indigenous people and other disadvantaged groups; raising awareness and promoting gender equality; strengthening democratic governance and rule of law.
- Note: Strengthening freedom of press is FCO’s global priority this year.
- Education: In particular, promoting girls education; capacity building programs for the improvement of educational system; access to formal education or opportunities for extracurricular education, including but not limited to: technology, language learning, sciences, and civic participation.
- Minimum project budget: USD 5,000
- Maximum project budget: USD 8,000
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible, applicants organisation or agency must be a legal entity, not-for-profit or commercial company, a registered non-governmental (NGO) or governmental organisation, academia, research institutions, and must demonstrate:
- Proof of legal registration
- Previous experience in delivering and managing projects
- Preferably previous experience working with international agencies/organisations
Project bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Alignment with the above mentioned thematic areas
- Achievable outcomes within the funding period and sustainability after the funding ends
- Clear project design which includes monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Identified risks and planned mitigation
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Demonstrated value for money in the Activity Based Budget (ABB) Process
- Ensure that the Activity Based Budget (ABB) is in the same currency as the bank account where funds reimbursements are to be received.
- All proposals received in a different format or means to the one requested, in a language other than English and/or submitted after the set date and time will not be considered
- Proposals selected for further consideration and due diligence information will be notified by 6 August 2019
- The British Embassy in Asuncion aims to sign grant agreements with successful implementers between 12 and 20 August 2019
- Due to the high number of bids they receive, they are unable to provide detailed feedback to unsuccessful bids
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/british-embassy-asuncion-call-for-bids-20192020