Deadline: 19 July 2019
They are particularly interested in projects proposals focused on the following thematic areas of work:
- Inclusive Economic Growth and Improvement of Business Environment: Projects aiming to support inclusive economic growth and development for rural and urban disadvantaged groups; increasing accountability and transparency in key economic sectors or government institutions; supporting reforms and implementation of policies aimed at promoting conditions for open markets, such as, but not limited to promoting competitiveness, streamlining processes to facilitate trade, increasing sustainability and innovation, tackling corruption and bureaucracy, reducing the potential for illicit trade, economic crime and money laundry.
- Human Rights: Strengthening freedom of press and safety of journalists, media workers and strengthening their legal rights; increasing participation of women in politics for positions of leadership and influence; increasing equality and non-discrimination, reducing violence against women, LGBT+, Afro-Paraguayan community, indigenous people and other disadvantaged groups; raising awareness and promoting gender equality; strengthening democratic governance and rule of law.
- Note: Strengthening freedom of press is FCO’s global priority this year.
- Education: In particular, promoting girls education; capacity building programs for the improvement of educational system; access to formal education or opportunities for extracurricular education, including but not limited to: technology, language learning, sciences, and civic participation.
- Minimum project budget: USD 5,000
- Maximum project budget: USD 8,000
- In order to be eligible, applicants organisation or agency must be a legal entity, not-for-profit or commercial company, a registered non-governmental (NGO) or governmental organisation, academia, research institutions, and must demonstrate:
- Proof of legal registration
- Previous experience in delivering and managing projects
- Preferably previous experience working with international agencies/organisations
Project bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the above mentioned thematic areas
- Achievable outcomes within the funding period and sustainability after the funding ends
- Clear project design which includes monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Identified risks and planned mitigation
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Demonstrated value for money in the Activity Based Budget (ABB) Process
- Ensure that the Activity Based Budget (ABB) is in the same currency as the bank account where funds reimbursements are to be received.
- All proposals received in a different format or means to the one requested, in a language other than English and/or submitted after the set date and time will not be considered
- Proposals selected for further consideration and due diligence information will be notified by 6 August 2019
- The British Embassy in Asuncion aims to sign grant agreements with successful implementers between 12 and 20 August 2019
- Due to the high number of bids they receive, they are unable to provide detailed feedback to unsuccessful bids
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/british-embassy-asuncion-call-for-bids-20192020