Deadline: 8 June 2016
Preference will be given to projects with self-sustaining activities that continue after CFLI funding ends, as well as to projects which display concrete and tangible outcomes. Gender equality and environmental sustainability are cross-cutting themes of the program that should be reflected in all projects.
- Championing peaceful pluralism and respect for diversity
- Advancing human rights, especially LGBTI rights
- Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women and girls, specifically ending child marriage and increasing political participation of women
- Climate change advocacy
- Promoting stability and security through community-level conflict prevention
- The average contribution is $20,000 – $35,000 Canadian Dollars (approx. N3 million-N5.25 million, depending on currency fluctuations).
- The maximum contribution is $50,000 Canadian Dollars (approx. N7.5 million).
- Recipient country partners may be non-governmental organizations or other types of community groups based in Nigeria only.
- Assistance to individuals and private businesses is not provided.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted electronically through the given website.
Eligible Country: Nigeria
For more information, please visit Canada Fund for Local Initiatives.