In support of the Government of Lebanon’s NAP 1325, UN Women Lebanon is seeking to collaborate with organizations to support community dialogue for conflict prevention and peace building, and work to prevent violence against women and promote accountability.
UN Women in Lebanon works across the humanitarian-development-peace and security nexus to support national efforts for the achievement of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda. To create an enabling environment for the realization of gender equality and women’s empowerment, UN Women advocates and supports social mobilization for legislative reform, works with partners to build gender responsive institutions, and delivers essential services to women and girls in need, both host government nationals and refugees. This is complemented by work that seeks to engage communities, women and men, on issues of gender equality with the objective of addressing discriminatory gender norms. This work is done through the following focus areas:
- Women’s Economic Empowerment and Protection from Gender Based Violence.
- Women’s Political Participation
- Women, Peace and Security
- The grand ceiling budget for this proposal is 500,000 USD.
- Timeframe: Start date and end date for completion of required services/results August 1, 2023 – July 31, 2025
Outcomes, Outputs & Activities
- Outcome 3.2: Strengthened security, stability, justice, and social peace.
- Output 3.2.1 Social cohesion enhanced through women-led intra- and inter-community inclusive processes and social dialogue.
- Activity 188.8.131.52 Develop and continue support to women’s local and national mediation/peacebuilding/reconciliation groups and networks to identify community disputes/threats and influence formal and informal mediation efforts.
- Timeframe: 24 months
- Activity 184.108.40.206 Mobilize actors towards truth, justice and reconciliation using the findings of the gender war crime study.
- Timeframe: 24 months.
- In the selection of partners, the following competencies will be considered:
- Soundness of technical competency described in the approach to the outcome/outputs as described in the Terms of Reference for the Call for Proposals.
- Organizations with a track record of working on dialogue for peace, women’s rights and gender equality and delivering results for women’s rights in Lebanon.
- Proven expertise at policy and operational level in gender-responsive peace building and inclusive approaches to dialogue and reconciliation.
- Capacity to deliver expected results: governance and management competency, and financial and administrative competency, including on providing and managing seed money for community resilience initiatives.
- Relevance of the mandate and the role of the organization to implement expected results and to contribute to the sustainability of said results.
For more information, visit UN Women.