The Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation, in collaboration with the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Chisinau, has launched the Call for Proposals for small grants provided to partners in the Republic of Moldova in the year 2021.
The projects have to be in line with the Mid-term Strategy for International Development Cooperation of the Slovak Republic 2019 – 2023 and focus on one or more of the selected Sustainable Development Goals:
- Quality education (SDG 4) – education at all school levels, acquiring professional skills with a focus on entering the labor market and conducting own business, education of pedagogical and non-pedagogical staff, equipment of school facilities;
- Good health (SDG 3) – health care with an emphasis on mothers and children, nutrition programs, education and awareness of the population in the field of prevention and health care, education of health professionals, equipment of health facilities;
- Good governance and civil society building (SDGs 16, 11) – public sector reform, public finance management, support for the rule of law and civil society participation in democratic processes, local government capacity building and active citizen participation in community development, security sector reform, activities of civilian experts in international crisis management, conflict prevention and support for reconciliation activities;
- Food security and agriculture (SDGs 1,2) – the introduction of new techniques and procedures in all parts of the food chain, including the processing of agricultural products, their marketing, and sale, food security, job creation;
- Infrastructure and sustainable use of natural resources (SDGs 6,7,11,15) water management, integrated management of water and other natural resources, revitalization and protection of endangered water resources, drinking water supply, wastewater treatment, waste management, raising environmental awareness, energy security, and the use of alternative energy sources, sustainable development of settlements, increasing resilience to natural disasters, including climate change, soil protection, reducing soil degradation and drying, halting the loss of biodiversity, protecting ecosystems, restoring degraded ecosystems;
- Support for the creation of a market environment (SDGs 8, 9) – support for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, the introduction of innovations, job creation.
Cross-cutting themes are also integrated into SlovakAid projects and activities. Their implementation is being assessed through integration into projects and activities in each of the above-mentioned six priority sectors.
- Environment and climate change (SDG 13) – support for climate change mitigation, strengthening capacity to adapt to climate change, increasing resilience of ecosystems, protection of nature, biodiversity and soil, environmental monitoring; protection and promotion of the sustainable use of natural resources;
- Equal opportunities (SDG 5) – promoting equality between men and women, eliminating all forms of discrimination against women and girls, as well as all forms of violence against women and girls, including harmful practices and customs (such as early or forced marriages or female genital mutilation), ensuring equal opportunities in public life.
- The maximum amount of financial support is 10 000 EUR per grant.
- The duration of each project is from 6 to a maximum of 12 months, beginning from the date of the signing of the Agreement between the Slovak Agency for International Development Cooperation and the Final Beneficiary.
- The call for proposals is open to registered legal persons: NGOs, non-profit subjects, and local authorities.
For more information, visit https://www.mzv.sk/web/kisinov-en/slovakaid