Deadline: 15 April 2017
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) is inviting women led NGOs, women civil society organizations (CSOs), women’s studies and research centres promoting women’s rights and gender equality to submit proposals to strengthen existing networks and platforms, or to establish new ones to support women´s voice and agency to monitor, report on and advocate for the implementation of the Council of Europe Convention on preventing and combating violence against women and domestic violence (also known as Istanbul Convention) and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) Concluding Observations on the Seventh Periodic Report, including those related to Syrian refugees in Turkey.
The overall goal of this Call for Proposals is to strengthen women’s voice and agency, including women’s organizations working with and or representing Syrian refugee women, to advocate for the development and implementation of laws and policies in line with CEDAW Concluding Observations and the Istanbul Convention.
The proposed intervention size and budget request will have to fall between a minimum indicative amount of EUR 40.000 and a maximum amount of EUR 60.000.
From May 2017 to February 2018 (tentatively)
- Women’s rights organizations that are legally registered in Turkey, that have specialised knowledge, expertise and track record of working in women’s human rights and EVAW programming, including but not limited to: nongovernmental organizations, community-based organizations and advocacy networks (at national or sub-national level.
- International civil society organizations that are legally registered in Turkey, that have presence in Turkey and have strong track record on programming on EVAW/G.
- Operational research institutions which have previous research experience on gender equality and/or violence against women.
- Gender equality focus: Applicant must demonstrate experience implementing programmes on gender equality and ending violence against women and girls through an organizational resume or CV of past implementing experience and areas of expertise. (Documents required)
- Women’s network/platforms are encouraged to apply.
- The applying organization must be legally registered.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send all required application documents in one email through the given website.
Eligible Country: Turkey
For more information, please visit UN Women Grant Program.