Deadline: 14 May 2020
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as the development agency of the United Nations and is actively engaged in safeguarding the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the wake of Covid-19 and seeks to support the work of the Government of South Africa to respond to the pandemic scourging the country.
UNDP has three (3) main program intervention area – Inclusive, just and sustainable economic growth; Effective, efficient and transformative governance; and Climate resilience and sustainably managed natural resources – geared to ensure wholistic support to the government of South Africa towards job creation, poverty reduction and inequalities. These interventions are very closely aligned to the country’s national development plan (vision 2030), and the country’s Covid-19 response plan.
At the back of the Covid-19 pandemic, UNDP has mainstreamed the short and medium-term Covid-19 responses and long-term socio-economic and governance recovery interventions that will help sustain existing development gains and fully recover from the impact of Covid-19.
A consultant is requires to analyze the program interventions areas of UNDP with particular reference to response to Covid-19 activities, youth programming and UNDP’s program document, and mainstream youth and PLWD in these program interventions and documents for a special greater impact to young women.
The overall objective of the assignment is to engage a youth that is living with disability to support the mainstreaming of youth and people living with disabilities into the following documents and program interventions:
- The COVID19 response plan;
- Social and Governance Dimensions of COVID19;
- Youth Entrepreneurship Programme; and
- The UNDP Programme Document. The candidate is also to support the preparation of the Covid-19 response plan.
Scope of the Consultancy
- The assignment is to analyze the program interventions areas of UNDP with particular reference to response to Covid-19 activities, youth programming and UNDP’s program document, and mainstream youth and PLWD in these program interventions and documents for a special greater impact to young women. The assignment shall include but not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance or support to ensuring the relevance of UNDP documents reflect issues of and strategies for youth and PLWD agenda for development.
- Analyze four named documents above and identify gaps not addressing youth and PLWD issues
- Proffer and provide suggested inputs to enhance the documents to reflect youth and PWLD issues
- Contribute to the preparation of Covid-19 Response Plan in the light of youth and PLWD agenda mainstreaming.
- Establish and maintain contacts with government officials, other UN agencies, nongovernmental organizations in order to enhance the documents relevance to youth and PLWD issues and concerns.
- At least a University degree in development studies, public policy, sociology, and other relevant social sciences.
- Minimum of seven years in youth and PLWD policy and programming
- Experience in development policy analysis and programming in South Africa or relevant regional experience.
- Strong background in analyzing development issues.
- Strong working knowledge of the UN.
- Language and IT Skills:
- Excellent written and oral English communications skills.
- Fully literate Microsoft applications such as words, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Provide a brief methodology on how they will approach and conduct the work (if applicable)
- Financial proposal
- Personal CV/P11 including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=65671