Deadline: 4 May 2020
The World Health Organization (WHO) Philippines is looking for an institution contractual partner, under an Agreement for Performance of Work (APW) contract, to provide media and social media monitoring support as well as plan, generate and manage social media content for the COVID-19 response.
Communications is as essential component of the response from understanding stakeholders to communicating vital public health messages to prevent the spread of COVID19, to monitoring and evaluating impact. In this regard, WHO is looking for an institution to support media and social media monitoring, including for event-based surveillance, as well as plan and generate social media content on a regular basis.
The implementation timeline for the project May to December 2020.
Place of Assignment
Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the WHO Philippines, the selected contractual partner shall perform the following activities:
- Output 1: Media and Social Media Monitoring
- Deliverable 1.1: Develop a plan for media and social media monitoring with approval of WHO Philippines, focusing on news coverage issues and themes, social media listening and trends, sentiment analysis, Google Trends, event-based surveillance, myths and rumour tracking, among others.
- Deliverable 1.2: Generate daily and weekly reports on media and social media monitoring.
- Deliverable 1.3: Submit weekly recommended actions based on top issues raised.
- Output 2: Social Media Plan and Management
- Deliverable 2.1: Develop a weekly social media plan with approval from WHO Philippines, based on existing materials and new content ideas.
- Deliverable 2.2: Support WHO Philippines in managing its social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, including responding to queries from followers.
- Deliverable 2.3: Generate weekly social media analytics.
- Output 3: Generate Engaging Social Media Content
- Deliverable 3.1: Develop new and engaging content for social media to help audiences understand and act on preventive measures to slow the spread of COVID-19. Content can be social media cards, infographics, short animated videos, photo sets, and web stories.
- Deliverable 3.2: Repurpose some existing materials with new layout for posting.
- Output 4: Submit Financial and Technical Report.
The institution must fulfil the following qualifications:
- Education and Certifications
- The team lead must have an undergraduate degree. A course in communication research, communication, digital management, or health promotion is an advantage.
- Work Experience
- The team lead must have at least five (5) years of experience in digital management.
- The team lead and its members must have demonstrated experience in media monitoring, social media monitoring, social media management, graphic design, data visualization, and animated video production.
- Previous experience working with the World Health Organization, other United Nations agencies, the Department of Health, or other health-related organization is desirable.
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Creative and has meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to adapt to relevant and reasonable project demands and submit deliverables within timelines.
- Results-oriented, and collaborative attitude at work.
- Demonstrates exceptional ability to remain calm, in control and with a positive attitude even under intense pressure and tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with risk communication and community engagement is desirable.
- Language Fluency
- With excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Filipino.
In addition, the contractual partner must have no direct or indirect interest in the tobacco industry, alcohol industry, arms dealing or human trafficking.
Interested agencies/institutions should submit electronic copies of the following:
- Cover letter
- Proposal with financial details and proposed timeline
- Company profile and qualifications of team members
- Link to a portfolio of previous work relevant to the TOR (uploaded on file sharing services such as Dropbox or Google Drive).
For more information, visit https://www.who.int/philippines/about-us/careers