Are you a human rights defender in Central Asia with an idea to promote human rights in your country? Then the Norwegian Helsinki Committee (NHC) wants to hear from you!
The Norwegian Helsinki Committee is glad to announce a call for proposals from non-governmental organizations and civil-society initiatives in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan that promote and protect human rights and democratic values.
The Norwegian Helsinki Committee is committed to strengthening and developing civil society, and will prioritize the applications from newly established organizations.
Key Objectives of the NHC Central Asia Small Grants Program:
- Support local non-governmental organizations to play an active role in promoting human rights and democratic values in Central Asia
- Strengthen and develop civil society, in particular by providing financial project-based support to emerging and recently established civil society initiatives
- Fight discrimination and persecution of vulnerable and at-risk groups and individuals
- Increase access to justice for victims of human rights violations
- Document human rights violations and fight impunity
- Defend fundamental freedoms and rights
- Project budgets may vary from a minimum of 500 USD to a maximum of 9999 USD.
- Duration: The project activities must take place between January and December 2023.
Any organization, group or individual with a plan to promote human rights in Central Asia is encouraged to apply, although larger well-established organizations with stable funding are not the target group for this program.
For more information, visit https://www.nhc.no/en/call-for-proposals-nhc-small-grants-program-for-central-asia/