The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is pleased to announce Advanced Materials and Energy Storage Technology (AMEST) Programme.
The objective of this call is to support activities related to indigenous development of new material and devices for energy storage for implementation of various applications for energy harvesting and storage technologies in the country
The outcome of the call of this theme will lead to energy storage technologies ready for commercialization, with the perspective to capture specific systems integration opportunities.
Following areas have been identified and project proposals may be submitted for research development and demonstration under AMEST.
- Innovative, Sustainable specific energy storage technologies, which are efficient, clean, high-energy density, low-cost, standalone or integrated for stationary mobile applications and electrical and electronic devices & appliances.
- Self-reliance in energy storage systems is an important agenda to achieve the fossil fuel independence and to sustain green energy. The requirements of energy storage are application specific with importance to high level of safety and low cost. Some application demands High Power Density, some high energy density, some Fast Charging and some high cycle life. The lists of applications envisaged in the present call are the following:
- Electric Mobility: Safety, Fast Charging, High Energy Density, Decent Power Density, High Cycle life, Low Cost.
- Stationary Storage for Renewable Energy: Safety, High Power Density, Decent Energy Density, High Cycle Life, Low Cost.
- Electronic Toys: Safety, Fast Charging, Low Cost
- What is expected as outcome of the project is advanced energy storage systems with round trip efficiency >90%, specific energy >300 Wh/kg, energy density >800 Wh/l, power density 1 kW/l, cycle life >5000 and cost < $ 200/kWh at individual cell or device and <$ 300/kWh at system level. The above numbers specified will vary depending on systems chosen. (Batteries, Supercapacitors)
- This approach should ultimately lead to integration of high performance product at reduced cost of production.
- Innovative concepts and techniques are required with respect to packaging and application for energy storage systems.
- Researchers in collaboration with the Indian industries can come out with advanced bmaterials production which are directly used in the storage applications.
Funding & Duration Information
- 3 Crore maximum
- The projects should be time-bound normally for duration of 2-3 years depending upon the prototype/device to be developed.
- The Project Proposal could be submitted for financial support though Online Mode Only by Scientists/ Engineers/ Technologists working in universities and other Academic institutions; R&D institutions/ laboratories having adequate infrastructure and facilities to carry out R&D work. The PI(s) should have relevant experience as evident from previous prototype commercialization or development or practical experience in the chosen area/topic with field knowledge.
Note: The PI or groups already having ongoing projects under Technology Mission Division Programme of DST may apply after successfully completing the same only.
For more information, visit Department of Science & Technology.
For more information, visit https://dst.gov.in/callforproposals/call-proposals-advanced-materials-and-energy-storage-technology-amest-2022