- The UK supports the rights of human rights defenders to carry out their work and voice their opinions freely and safely. The British Embassy Manila is seeking a proposal which supports the following objectives:
- promote a safe and enabling environment for human rights defenders, in which their rights are protected and respected on a national and/or regional scale
- empower and increase access to justice and legal support/assistance for human rights defenders
- All bids should be in pounds sterling (GBP). Bidders are strongly advised to limit their proposals up to £30,000. Proposals covering more than one objective are welcome.
- Programme Duration: Successful applicants will implement their project from October 2023 (TBC) until 15 March 2024. All payment requests and reporting should be finalised by 31 March 2024. You are advised to plan project activities accordingly.
- Any organisation can apply for funding. They do not accept project bids submitted by individuals
- Please note that payment will be made in arrears. They cannot make pre-payments. Successful bidders should make payments and be reimbursed by the Embassy. The implementer must have an active bank account in the name of the organisation to which they can transfer reimbursements electronically.
- Organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the embassy may request reports by auditors.
- Co-financing: A partnership framework to support the broader engagement of a project is welcome and can strengthen your bid. Please make sure to specify your other source(s) of funding in the project proposal.
- They regret that they are unable to fund:
- Academic courses
- Charitable activities
- Commercial activities
- Infrastructure or construction projects
For more information, visit Gov.UK.