Deadline: 28 February 2020
The overall objective of the project is to improve the environment for the enjoyment of the right to freedom of assembly by contributing to the development of democracy and greater respect for basic human freedoms.
A special component of the project is the grant program for civil society organizations. Up to five civil society organizations will be supported through a grant program to implement projects and initiatives to enhance the environment for the exercise of the right of free assembly.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Overall objectives: to contribute to halting the worrying trend of narrowing the space for civic participation in Montenegro, by enhancing the capacity of citizens, civil society organizations and institutions to exercise and monitor the enjoyment of the right of free assembly at the local level.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Strengthened capacity of CSOs to carry out activities and initiatives to monitor public gatherings at the local level;
- Strengthened capacities of CSOs to inform the public about freedom of assembly at local level;
- Enhanced public dialogue on the legal regulation and conduct of public gatherings at the local level;
- Improved knowledge of citizens about freedom of assembly at local level.
- Analysis of regulations for conducting public gatherings;
- Analysis of “administering” public gatherings at the local level (reporting of gatherings, analysis of communication between police and rally organizers, etc.)
- Monitoring and analysis of the protection of the right to freedom of peaceful assembly before a court;
- Analysis of the provision of public gatherings by the police and / or private security;
- Analysis of respect for the right to freedom of peaceful assembly in spontaneous and simultaneous gatherings, as well as in road traffic;
- Analysis of the responsibilities of the meeting organizers in legislation and in practice;
- Analysis of media coverage and public discourse regarding freedom of assembly;
- Public campaigns for education and raising public awareness of the importance, opportunities and limitations of the right to peaceful assembly;
- Public campaigns aimed at raising the awareness of citizens on how to exercise their right to free assembly and their obligations when participating in public gatherings;
- Preparation of argumentative proposals for changing public policies regarding freedom of assembly;
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Supported by the EU Delegation in Montenegro, IA has ensured 35.000 EUR for this Small Grants Facility.
- Individual grants requested under this Call for proposals must fall between 5.000 EUR and 10.000 EUR.
- be a legal person;
- be non-profit making;
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
- be registered in Montenegro at least 12 months prior to the deadline for submission of project proposals;
- be based in Montenegro;
- have an annual turnover of less than EUR 20,000 in 2018 or 2019.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
To apply for grants, following documents should be completed and submitted via e-mail at the address given on the website: Aplication Form, Budget Proposal and Logical Framework with the subject – For the Call for Proposals “Voice Your Rights! – Expanding Space for Free Assemblies”.
For more information, visit https://institut-alternativa.org/en/call-for-proposals-small-grants-facility-2/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.