The Small Scale Project (SSP) is one of the instruments of the Development Cooperation of the Czech Republic. SSPs are identified by the respective Embassies of the Czech Republic (through applications submitted by potential implementers) and approved by the HQ of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). SSP aims to contribute to the local community through small-scale development activities in accordance with the country’s national development priorities.
- The implementer of the SSP is a non-governmental and non-political organization with legal personality in the country of the project implementation.
- The implementer must be eligible to sign a contract with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic (MFA CZ) that establishes jurisdiction of Czech laws and courts.
- Czech financial contribution for the project is 200,000 – 500,000 CZK (co-financing from other sources is arbitrary and desirable).
- The focus of projects should be aligned to the development priorities in the particular country with emphasis on skills and community development and job creation.
- Implementation of the project may commence only after signing the contract.
- The project must be implemented and the funds fully accounted for by 15 October 2024.
- Administrative costs of the implementer cannot be funded.
- The cost of salary/fee, allowance, accommodation, travel cost and eventual insurance and vaccination of the experts should be as low as possible and must not exceed 25 % of the project’s total costs.
- The total amount of the provided funds in CZK is binding for the conversion into any foreign currency.
- Sustainability is a necessary condition (meaning the project has to be able to carry on without further financial support from the Czech Republic).
- Tangible assets of the project have to be marked with a logo of the Czech development cooperation. In the case of the project’s intangible assets, it is necessary to mention the financial support of the Czech Republic Development Cooperation.
- T&Cs in their entirety will be set out in the contract.
Period for Implementation
March – October 2024
South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Lesotho and Namibia.
For more information, visit Embassy of the Czech Republic in Pretoria.